- Opensource under the MPL license model. So, free inclusive for use
in commercial applications
- Cross platform supporting Windows and Linux (Kylix/Delphi/C++Builder)
- Can be used from any programming
- Simetric multiprocessing support
- Cross platform TCP Report Server
and Report Server client.
- Cross platform Web Report Server.
- Report Manager Internet
- Small footprint, the engine can be embedded inside your exe.
- Band based report designer, very easy and similar to MSAccess,
- Report definition files are very small (most reports fit in less
- Expression evaluator with builtin functions and access to database
- Report parameters, define them, assign them to querys at run
time or design time, optionally the user can alter the parameters
- Linked or unlinked additional datasets, link querys easily,
open datasets to obtain aditional information...
- Exports to compressed/uncompressed Adobe PDF (scalable/native),
- Custom text output: For each expression inside the report you can
define a export line and position to build custom text output.
- Exports to Excel (Windows) or plain text file or ready to print formated
file for dot matrix printers.
- Supports Delphi 5E-6PE-7PE-8, Kylix 2-3,C++Builder 4E, it should work
also with C++ Builder 5E-6 and Delphi 4E
- If you are using Windows you can select between VCL (no Qt) graphic
driver and CLX graphics driver.
- You can print texts (multiline), images, shapes, lines, barcodes,charts...
- Multilanguage support for the interface and the reports,
runtime and designer. A translation application is provided,
if you want to localize report manager to a still not translated language
- Child subreports (many to many)
- External sections (share the same section
in different reports)
- Print anything anywhere, with Page position expression and
Page number expresion.
- Report compiler (Windows only), generate a single
exe with your report embedded to distribute it (about 300Kbytes)
|Supported database engines
- Any TDataset descendant passed from Delphi/Kylix.
- Windows: Borland database engine (DBase, Paradox, Interbase, Oracle,
DB2, SQL Server, ODBC)
- Windows: Microsoft Data Access Objects (Microsoft Jet, ODBC...)
- Windows: Interbase Objects (IBO)
- Windows & Linux: DBExpress (Interbase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle,DB2,Informix,
- Windows & Linux: Native Access to Interbase (IBX, no additional libraries
- Windows & Linux: Borland Native simple local file database (MyBase)
- Windows & Linux: Zeos
database objects, native access to Interbase/Firebird,MySQL, PostgreSQL...
|Report definition & desingning
- Unlimited number of subreports, each subreport can use a dataset
- You can print multiple subreports in the
- You can merge subreports using child
- Each subreport can have a unlimited number of sections of each type
(page headers,page footers,group header an footers)
- Grouping allow sum,min,max,avg and std.desv. operations.
- You can use groups as subreport headers and footers (summary)
- Multiple details are printed once for each record of the subreport's
- Multilanguage support, the labels of the report can be defined
in various languages.
- Each section has also some useful properties:print condition,skip
page before or after print,align bottom
- It supports cms, and inchess and design time
- Page setup, margings, paper size, page orientation
- Driver selection when designing the report (Qt driver or Windows GDI
- You can embed Report Manager Designer in your application,
just drop a TRpDesigner, component and use it.
- You can open any querys or tables you need, you usually link
secondary datasets to the main dataset or to other dataset linked to
the main dataset.
- Parametrized linked querys allow you to obtain results from many querys.
- Define a background image to fill a form for example.
- Advanced edition options like multiselect, hide elements,
- Report Libraries
- Horizontal movement (multicolumn for label
print for example)
- Page Margins and page orientation
- Fast, scalable, preview
- Positioning in 1440 dots per inchess of precision
- Print resolution limited only by the system print driver
- Save the report as a metafile report
(device independent graphic format)
- A separate application can print/preview metafiles (metaview)
- Two pass report optional (pagecount variable available)
- Use device fonts option (Windows
only becuase it still uses the driver), the report will print fast
in any dot matrix printer
- Character lines output for dot
matrix and pos devices, this feature allow the print of any
report to character based devices like receipt printers and dot matrix
printers, it outputs lines with optional formating of escape codes and
easy access to cash drawers connected to the printer.
- Multiple page sizes support: Default page size, system page
size and user defined page size.
- Sections can autoexpand or autocontract
|Properties for all controls
- Print condition
- Expression evaluation before print
- Expression evaluation after print
- Align right, bottom or bottom-right.
- Z Order (to back, to front)
|Properties for text controls
- Font Name (for each platform and Type1 for PDF)
- Font Size, Bold, Italic, Color.
- Background color or transparent
- Alignment, vertical or horizontal, full text justification
only supported in Adobe pdf output.
- Wordwrap, cut text or not cut text, ignore CR...
- Multiline texts
- If you select not cut text, the text control will expand to acomodate
size, if parent section has autoexpand property it will expand also.
- Labels are multilanguage
|Properties for expressions
- Display Mask
- Identifier, to reference from other controls
- Don't print repeated values option
- The expressions can be grouped with sum, avg...
- Export expression, line, position, size and format to build custom
|Image print control
- The image can be embedded in the report
- The image can be loaded from a binary field
- The image can be loaded from a file path containe in a string field
- The image can be loaded from a file by writting the filename inside
- The image can be stretched, or adapt to pixels per inch defined resolution,
you can also do a tile effect
- Images are supported in PDF format without the need of a XServer
running (Linux), see image reference
- Multiple barcode types support
- The barcode is readed from a expression or database field
- You can set the size of the barcode, the ratio, checksum...
- Value expression
- Get value condition
- Serie change expression (bool or groupexpression)
- You can insert values while processing the report.
- Driver selection, TeeChart (Windows
and Linux) or Native.
|Simple drawing/decoration control
- Horz line, Vert line, Rectangle, Ellipse, Roundrect...
- Pen style (dash,dash dot, solid), width and color
- Brush Style (lines, cross, solid, pattern) and color